"Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high. Who humbleth himself to behold
the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! He maketh the barren woman to keep house,
and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord." - Psalm 113:5,6,9

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

From the Heart of a Housewife

This is my first post and, as is typical when I'm at the computer, Malachi is asleep on my lap all slumped over with a pacifier in his mouth. How sweet! I love being a mommy although it is a lot of work.

I hope that you will visit my blog often to see what is happening in our household and to keep in touch. Because Malachi is growing so fast, this will be a great way for you to keep up! Thanks, Mom, for encouraging me to start a blog. I think that it will be a lot of fun.

The passage that God has been using lately to speak to my heart is I Peter 2:2,3 - "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." My, has God been gracious to me! My prayer is that I will also "grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory, both now and for ever. Amen" (II Peter 3:18) .

At 2:30 this morning I finished Tender Mercy for a Mother's Soul by Angela Guffey (You can't guess why I would be up at that time of night, can you?). It's a book published by Focus on the Family that Mike found for me at a thrift store. Wow, it has been such a blessing! If you are a mommy, especially with children still at home, I encourage you to read this book. It really challenged me to walk more closely with my Lord.

Well, I have go. Malachi is hungry!

2 comments:

  1. YEA! YEA! YEA!
    I'm SOOOO glad you decided to join the bloggie world! I, too, started mostly because I wanted family to be able to keep up with all of our happenings, too. Loved you first post and I'll be looking forward to many more! ;o)

    ~ Christina
    P.S. Thank you "Mom" for encouraging her to start this! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inviting me to your page!I too liked your first post,and look forward to checking in often!I'm hoping it will be an encouragement to me,and any other mommies who need encouraging (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails