"Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high. Who humbleth himself to behold
the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! He maketh the barren woman to keep house,
and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord." - Psalm 113:5,6,9

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bible Conference Reflections

This week we have had Bro. J.D. Herchenhahn preach at our church's annual Bible Conference. His messages have been such a blessing to me. I love to hear a preacher who has been in the ministry a long time share his heart. I appreciate his genuine love for the Lord and others and the intensity with which he preaches and carries himself. Being around him and his wife increases my desire to grow in the Lord and reach the lost.
Last night he talked about how desiring God's will is a birthmark of a believer. We ought to pray about everything. When Isaiah approached God, he saw Him "high and lifted up" and "holy" (Isaiah 6:1,3). This affected the way he saw himself and others, saying, "Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips" (Isaiah 6:5). Consider Christ's first words: "I must be about my Father's business" (Luke 2:49). His last words were, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). The conclusion I came to from this message was that God's will for me as a Christian includes being a witness to others. This will come naturally once I spend time praying in God's presence because only after I have the right vision of God will I see my need for God and have a burden for others as well.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the Bible Conference was a blessing to me, as well, especially that night.
    Thank you for the key reminders. ;o)

    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Shan trying to comment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails